Surrender to the power that is within you, holding deep reverence to this rite of passage.
A transformation awaits.
Created to support you as you slowly enter the birth realm. Filled with nourishing, useful items that have been recommended by guests featured on Positive Birth Australia.
Educational book, protein bar, after-birth tea, bath soak, soothing salve, reusable maternity pads, nursing pads, affirmation candle, birth affirmation cards, birth comb, belly oil, cacao, eye mask, gua sha, incense, palo santo, essential oil roller, scrunchie
Choice of educational book:
Choice of protein bar:
· Seed and Weed Protein Bar
Seed & Weed was born about from the mantra.
80% Health Goddess & 20% Cookie Monster
At Seed & Weed HQ, we realised a massive need in the market for a plant based protein bar, solely made from plants and with the incredible benefits of HEMP! All handmade in small batches with only natural ingredients.
All bars are gluten free and vegan friendly.
· Kissed Earth Collagen Protein Bar
KE Collagen Protein Bar is the ultimate beauty bar snack. Made with our superior hydrolysed collagen peptides to support healthy hair and nail growth, help fight the signs of ageing, and promote bone, joint and tendon health. A delicious and nourishing nut-free snack that you can enjoy at any time, packed with essential fats, fibre, vitamins and minerals.
- Gut restore & repair
- Supports muscle recovery and repair
- Revitalises skin, hair & nails
- Joint & bone health
- Provides the body with an abundance of vitamins and minerals.
- Overall vitality
- Bioavailable – digested & absorbed easily by the body”
Blissful Tea - After Birth Bliss Tea
The After Birth Bliss tea blend contains nourishing herbs to support a safe Third Stage of labour and the birth of the placenta. It strengthens the endometrium and contains a haemostatic to prevent excess bleeding, plus nourishing herbs to boost the new mother's iron and other nutrients. It also settles afterpains and helps the placental site to heal.
After Birth Bliss tea contains:
- Cramp Bark (Viburnum opulus) – this astringent herb acts on the uterus to help it involute and expel the placenta. Its spasmolytic properties relieve after pains.
- Red Raspberry Leaf (Rubus idaeus) – this astringent, parturifacient herb tones and nourishes the uterine muscle, and is rich in nutrients.
- Nettle (Urtica dioica) – this herb is rich in nutrients, including iron & Vitamin K, and its styptic or haemostatic properties protect against haemorrhage.
- Lady's Mantle (Alchemilla vulgaris) – a hormone-balancing herb with calming effects, this herb has astringent and antihaemorrhagic properties.
- Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) – a uterine tonic that reduces bleeding.
- Shepherd’s Purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris) – nature's haemostatic, this uterine antihaemorrhagic herbs helps prevent excessive bleeding.
Blissful Herbs - Post Natal Bliss healing bath herbs
This special blend of healing herbs is excellent for healing the perineum or cesarean scar after childbirth.
Your Post Natal Bliss herbs -
- reduce swelling & discomfort
- prevent infection
- provide pain relief for healing tissues and help muscles relax
- speed the healing of caesarean & vaginal sutures, and vaginal tears, grazes
- relieve perineal bruising and soreness
- shrink and heal haemorrhoids.
The Post Natal Bliss herbs come with a draw-string muslin bag which works like a big tea bag. To enjoy a relaxing herbal soak, simply place the herbs in your muslin sachet and add to a warm bath.
The Post Natal Bliss herbs contain:
- Calendula officinalis - anti-septic, soothing wound inflammation, general wound healing
- Celtic Sea Salt - helpful in soothing, cleansing and healing of wounds.
- Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) - analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and anti-inflammatory properties
- Lady's Mantle (Alchemilla vulgaris) - astringent, and helps protect healing elastin fibres
- Lavender (Lavandula officinalis) - antiseptic, analgesic and anti-bacterial properties
- Rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis) - astringent, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Sage (Salvia officinalis) - astringent, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties
- Shepherd's Purse (Capsella bursa-pastoris) - astringent, anti-septic and useful to reduce bleeding and bruising
- Witch Hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) - an astringent, curbs bleeding and reduces inflammation
- Yarrow (Achellia millefolium) - astringent and anti-bacterial properties; the anti-spasmodic effects reduce inflammation. A superior remedy for wounds and cuts.
Blissful Herbs - Soothing Salve
The much-loved and highly popular all-natural Soothing Salve is ideal to use to support healing of the perineum after childbirth, perfect for small tears, grazes, etc.
It is specially formulated to also be safe to use for nipple care during breastfeeding. Apply after feeds, and by the time you feed again, the salve will have been absorbed into your skin. It can also be used for nappy rash, general family first aid for minor skin problems like cuts, scrapes, grazes, itchy bites, rashes and mild eczema.
The Soothing Salve contains:
- Cold-pressed virgin Olive Oil which has been infused with herbs by the Solar Method (Lavender, Calendula, Comfrey, Goldenseal, Rosemary, Sage & Thyme).
- Organic Coconut Oil – healing, moisturising, naturally anti-septic, excellent for eczema and to support hormone balance.
- Organic Rosehip Oil – contains EFAs (essential fatty acids), necessary for protecting cell membranes as well as vitamin E, beta carotene and the antioxidant lycopene, excellent for soothing, moisturizing and healing the skin.
- Organic Calendula Oil – with anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial anti-fungal and antiseptic effects, excellent for skin healing, moisturising and to treat nappy rash and eczema. Rich in anti-oxidants and helps reduce bruising.
- Organic Hempseed Oil – rich in EFAs and GLAs, particularly helpful for skin rashes, eczema etc.
- Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis) - a potent vulnerary healing herb with anti-microbial actions.
- Organic Beeswax – rich in propolis, another superb healing agent from nature.
- A unique blend of pure organic essential oils, which gives the salve a beautiful subtle scent.
Our reusable pads are lightweight, soft, durable and ultra-absorbent. Cloth pads consist of a water-resistant anti-leak base layer of recycled post-consumer polyester + polyurethane laminate with wings designed to snap fasten around the base of underwear for security. The wing snaps have 2 size options in width to cater to your desired fit. Each size cloth pad contains varying layers of absorbent organic bamboo cotton fleece.
Check out Bare and Boho for a fitting guide here.
Be Bliss Baby's reusable bamboo nursing pads are handmade using 2 layers bamboo (terry) waterproof outer shell, middle layer microfibre and top layer bamboo Terry.
An environmentally friendly alternative to disposable pads.
Simple to wear and easy to wash.
Each nursing pad is 11.5cm diameter and come in a pack of 6 individual pads, with a matching, waterproof reusable wet pouch.
REPURPOSE ME - use pads as facial wipes once you've stopped nursing!
Use our wooden birthing combs for acupressure during labour.
As you hold the comb in your palm, the 'teeth' of the comb press on acupressure points. These points lie along the creases of the hands where the fingers join the palm. These are said to help release endorphins (the body's natural painkillers) into the body.
Acupressure combs help in two ways - they help reduce pain via the "gate theory" of pain relief, and they give you something to squeeze tightly, helping to minimise the intensity of your surges by taking your focus away from them.
The "gate theory" says that the brain can only focus on a select number of sensations. Because the nerve endings are closer on your hands, they reach your brain faster, helping your body forget or distract you from your surges but not enough to pull you out of labour land.
“A soothing daily body treatment for smooth, supple skin. Our antioxidant rich botanical blend delivers long lasting hydration, helping prevent and reduce the appearance of stretch marks and create a beautiful all over glow.
Ideal for full body application, Mama & Bird Belly Oil helps maintain the condition of the skin as it stretches throughout pregnancy.”
- helps prevent and reduce the appearance of stretch marks and c-section scarring
- relieves dry, itchy pregnancy skin
- deeply nourishing and hydrating
- skin cooling and soothing
Rich in skin regenerating Vitamin E, this ultra-light oil penetrates deeply into the skin to deliver immediate benefits your body will thank you for.
For the oils lovers, this product is perfect for use both mornings and evenings, or pair with Mama & Bird Belly Butter and use as your end of day skin ritual to connect with your baby through a gentle evening belly massage.
Suitable for expectant mamas and postnatal skin support.
Australian Certified vegan, cruelty free, toxic-free & made safe.
Nalu is a Hawaiian word with three meanings:
- wave; surf
- to ponder, meditate, reflect, contemplate
- the amniotic fluid that surrounds a baby in the womb
Allow these words and images to guide you in intentional meditation while you ride the waves of your journey. Affirmations are positive phrases used to shape our reality.
Harness the power of manifestation through intentional practices; use these cards when you need reassurance, take them to your birth space, or gift them to a loved one.
The health benefits:
Nutritionally, cacao is packed with iron, magnesium, calcium, antioxidants, zinc and more. To put its nutritional benefits in perspective… a rib-eye steak contains approximately 2.5mg of iron, spinach about 2.7mg, whilst cacao packs a huge 14mg (all per 100g).
Cacao also contains neurotransmitters and neuro-modulators that are already present in our brain such as norepinephrine (the joy molecule), serotonin (the stress buster), dopamine (the pleasure giver), anandamide (the pain moderator), and phenylethylamine (for focus). It’s not unusual to feel a buzz of high after consuming a ceremonial dose.
How to enjoy:
To serve, simply simmer 15g of cacao per cup of plant milk and mix with a stick blender or whisk. Cacao is naturally bitter so ensure to sweeten with honey, maple or agave to your liking.
The earthy, subtle scent of our sandalwood incense stick adds the perfect touch for your birth space or meditation; providing clarity, relaxation and calm.
*Incense holder not included
Combining the divine scent of vanilla and caramel with the powerful feminine energy of rose quartz, we gently encourage you to surrender to this sacred rite of passage. Embodying self-love, trust and tenderness as you navigate the journey ahead of you.
Light while in the bath, meditating or visualising your birth.
Perfect for your birth space or altar.
- Our Surrender candle is hand poured locally from 100% vegan soy wax. Created from high-quality ingredients that are non-toxic and free from harmful chemicals.
- Never burn your candle for longer than 3 hours.
- Never leave a flame unattended or near flammable items
- Designate someone to be mindful of burn time if lighting during your birth.
A gentle and soothing blend of clary sage; said to increase oxytocin which in turn will strengthen contractions, calming lavender to keep your adrenaline low, and the grounding effects of frankincense to help you stay centred through the waves of labour.
Utilising this blend from 38 weeks during any self-care practice will help your mind to associate the scent with peace and calm once labour begins.
Simply apply to your to wrists, neck and inner ankles from 38 weeks and/or when labour starts.
Inhale and roll on regularly during labour to reduce your adrenaline and remind you to stay connected to your breath.
Keep on hand in your birth/midwife/birthkeeper kit.
Palo Santo (Holy Wood) is used for cleansing and dispelling negative energy and is reputed to be very uplifting giving the sense of peace & tranquility.
How to use:
- Start with a simple intention of focusing and clearing the negative energy out of your space and mind.
- Light the Palo Santo stick at an angle pointing down
- Allow to burn for 30 seconds and blow out any flame
- Move around the space to allow the cleansing properties of the smoke to spread around or place in a heatproof dish and let burn.
When using Palo Santo sticks, be prepared to relight them multiple times as they can naturally self extinguish.
Please ensure the stick is completely extinguished at the end of each session.
Organic Sage & Lavender smudge stick with selenite
Our Sage and Lavender sticks combine the sacred cleansing and purifying properties of White Sage with the relaxing, calming and rest-inducing properties of lavender.
These particular smudge sticks are wrapped with a selenite stick.
Benefits of burning Sage are believed to include:
- Cleansing a space by removing negative energy
- Purifying specific objects
- Improving mood
- reducing stress and anxiety
- Improving intuition
- Repelling insects
- Removing bacteria from the air
How to use:
- Start with a simple intention of focusing and clearing the negative energy out of your space and mind.
- Light the sage stick at an angle pointing down.
- The tips of the leaves should smolder slowly, releasing a thick smoke.
- Move around the space to allow the cleansing properties of the smoke to spread around or place in a heatproof dish and let burn to collect the ash.
The sage smudge stick may need to be relit multiple times as they can naturally self extinguish. Due to the compressed nature of the handmade bundle the embers may need some light blowing to get a consistent burn.
Please ensure the stick is completely extinguished at the end of each session and not lit in conditions or near objects that may be flammable.
Mulberry Silk Eye Mask
Our soft and durable mulberry silk eye mask is designed to sit comfortably over the eye area. Use your eye mask during labour to assist in your deep dive into the birth realm, allowing you to block out any external stimulants; focusing solely on your connection to your baby and riding the waves of labour to bring your baby home.
For mamas birthing in the hospital, this is also a great tool to help you get the rest you need in a busy, bright maternity ward. Pair it with some earphones during your labour so your birth stays as uninterrupted as possible.
Great for longer hospital stays to block out the lights and help you achieve the deep rest needed for recovery.
Gua Sha is a practice that originates from traditional Chinese medicine and has been used within Chinese medicine for centuries. Intended to address stagnant energy, called chi, it can also help to improve firmness, elasticity, tone and overall skin health.
Use our Rose Quartz Gua Sha as part of your daily ritual, bringing intention and presence back into your awareness. Simple practices like this, for even as little as 10 minutes a day, can help regulate your nervous system which in turn will help you to be the best version of yourself.
For some helpful tips on how to use your Gua Sha follow this page on Instagram or watch this YouTube video.
Made from 100% cotton with a high elastic rubber band. Our scrunchies are built to endure all the seasons of womanhood. They are soft and stretchable, keeping your hair tight as you ride the waves of labour, learn to breastfeed, chase a baby or toddler - whatever season you’re in.
Our scrunchies come in four neutral colours to match any outfit, or lack thereof, and will be selected at random, unless emailed otherwise.
*Scrunchie not pictured.
*Please read our full disclaimer before purchasing products.
Please note that these properties, descriptions, and beliefs can vary amongst different sources and should be researched by oneself to help understand the true meaning and history of these beautiful resources.